Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
Find out how you could get your dream smile this year.
Have you finally decided that you want to improve your look by turning to our Green Bay, WI, family dentist, Dr. Adam Pasono, for cosmetic dentistry? We are so excited that you want to take the next step to a more beautiful and confident smile. Of course, there is a lot to consider before jumping into getting cosmetic dentistry.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a special branch of dentistry that focuses on improving and enhancing your smile, whether that requires minimal tweaks such as whitening a smile or more serious alterations such as a full makeover. Cosmetic dentistry doesn’t necessarily focus on improving the health or strength of your smile, nor is it intended to restore damaged teeth, but it will alter the shape, size, color, or alignment of your smile for the better.
Available cosmetic treatments at our Green Bay office
Here at Green Bay Family Dentistry, we offer a full range of dental services to meet your needs, whatever they may be. Here are three of the top cosmetic options we offer:
- Teeth whitening: Get a visibly whiter smile in just one hour with in-office teeth whitening. This is the best option for those dealing with a dull, yellow smile. Our chairside system can get smiles several shades whiter.
- Dental bonding: Even small imperfections like chips and cracks in a single tooth are enough to throw your whole smile off. If you are dealing with minimal cosmetic issues then dental bonding may be all you need. In fact, bonding is one of the simplest and least expensive cosmetic options available today. By applying a tooth-colored resin over the imperfection and then hardening it to the tooth we can hide more minor cosmetic infractions.
- Porcelain veneers: Are you dealing with teeth that overlap in the front or gaps between teeth? Do you have discolorations that teeth whitening won’t treat? For more widespread or extensive cosmetic issues, dental veneers can save the day. By removing a small amount of enamel from the front of your teeth, we can apply a pristine layer of porcelain on to them to redesign your smile into a whiter and more aligned form.
If you are living in Green Bay, WI, and you are currently unhappy with your smile, it’s time to turn to our cosmetic dental experts to find out how they can give you a new and improved smile. Let Green Bay Family Dentistry boost your appearance and your confidence, when you call (920) 432-8492.
If you have ever wished your smile was brighter, whiter, your teeth looked different, or your worn or damaged smile were renewed, you may benefit from dental veneers. Due to their versatility, veneers can address any number of cosmetic dental issues. Find out more about dental veneers and how they can help your teeth with Dr. Adam Pasono at Green Bay Family Dentistry in Green Bay, WI.
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are super-thin shells of porcelain which fit over the front of the teeth to change their appearance. Veneers are versatile restorations, allowing you to subtly repair a single tooth or completely overhaul your smile by placing veneers on every visible tooth. Your dentist is your best source of information on veneers and can help you choose the best treatment path for you during a consultation.
Am I a candidate for dental veneers?
Dental veneers are made to fit over healthy natural teeth. Before placing a veneer, your dentist must ensure that the tooth in questions is free from plaque, teeth decay, and gum disease. A strong at-home oral care routine will help keep your veneers and underlying teeth healthy. A good candidate for veneers also has cosmetic issues like stains, chips, cracks, misshapen teeth, or slight over or under crowding.
What can I expect from the process for dental veneers?
A dental laboratory creates each dental veneer custom for you and your smile. For this reason, dental veneers normally require several appointments to complete. At your first appointment, your dentist will prepare your teeth to receive the veneer then take an impression of your mouth. The dental laboratory uses the impression to design and create your veneer, then sends it back to your dentist. In the meantime, you will wear temporary veneers to protect your teeth. At your second appointment, about two weeks after the first, your dentist will remove the temporary veneer and replace it with the final restoration.
Dental Veneers in Green Bay, WI
For more information on dental veneers, please contact Dr. Pasono at Green Bay Family Dentistry in Green Bay, WI. Call (920) 432-8492 to schedule your appointment with your dentist today!
June is the month when lots of important events happen—like weddings, graduations, and family get-togethers. When the weather turns balmy and the days get longer, it’s the perfect time for a celebration…and today it’s easier than ever to capture those special moments in pictures that will be treasured for years to come. Are you ready for your close-up?
Both professional photographers and dentists want to help you look your best when you’re smiling for the camera. Here are a few suggestions from both kinds of pros for capturing a great-looking smile.
Tilt your head just a bit
Instead of looking straight at the camera, try turning or tilting your head slightly. This often presents a more flattering angle, and can hide small facial asymmetries. If your face has a “good side” (you can check by looking in a mirror), be sure to make it visible. But even if your head is tilted or turned, your eyes should be looking at the camera.
Moisten teeth before the shutter clicks
A sparkly smile is the most appealing one. Just before the picture is snapped, run your tongue over your teeth to give them a little extra shine. Highlights in the teeth, lips and eyes add liveliness to your portrait.
Relax—Don’t clench your teeth!
It’s better to smile naturally—perhaps with teeth slightly parted, or lips in a more relaxed position—than to force yourself to make an artificial-looking grin. Try recalling things that make you joyful, or think of people you care about, and chances are your natural smile will shine out.
Have your teeth professionally cleaned at the dental office
Before the big event, you can ensure that your smile looks its best with a professional cleaning at our office. This treatment removes layers of plaque and tartar on visible tooth surfaces, as well as between teeth and under the gumline. It not only makes teeth look their best, but it’s also an effective way to fight tooth decay and gum disease. And while you’re here, it’s the perfect time to talk about any cosmetic issues that may be troubling you about your smile. With treatments like teeth whitening, cosmetic bonding or dental veneers, we can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted.
If you would like more information about professional teeth cleaning or cosmetic dentistry, please call our office to schedule a consultation.
Are you interested in dental veneers but aren't sure you're a good candidate? Dr. Adam Pasono, your Green Bay, WI, dentist, explains who can benefit from this innovative cosmetic dentistry treatment.
When do dentists recommend veneers?
A dental examination is the first step in the veneer process. During the visit, Dr. Pasono will evaluate:
- Your Oral Health: Good oral health is a must before undergoing any cosmetic dentistry treatment. If any problems are detected, you'll need to treat them before your receive veneers.
- Your Oral Hygiene Habits: Good oral hygiene habits will keep your veneers in excellent shape for years to come. In addition to regular flossing and brushing, you'll want to avoid doing things that can damage veneers, such as opening packages with your teeth, chewing on ice cubes or biting your fingernails. When you shop for dental care supplies at a Green Bay store, look for non-abrasive toothpaste and a toothbrush with soft bristles. These products will prevent scratches and help keep your veneers looking good.
- Your Grinding Habit: Grinding or clenching your teeth at night can damage your veneers and erode your tooth enamel. Luckily, you can still receive veneers in most cases as long as you wear a nightguard while you sleep.
- Your Dental Imperfections: Veneers can transform teeth affected by discolorations, chips, cracks and slight gaps. They're also a good choice if one or more of your teeth are slightly crooked. If your teeth are very crooked or your bite isn't aligned properly, orthodontic treatment will be a better option. If you receive veneers without correcting your bite, uneven pressure on your teeth can eventually cause the veneers to crack or break.
Veneers can completely transform your smile! Not sure if you're a good candidate? Schedule an appointment with your Green Bay, WI, dentist, Dr. Pasono, by calling (920) 432-8492.
Are you ready to find out if dental veneers could give you your dream smile?
It doesn’t seem fair when someone flashes their beautiful teeth and says that they never had to get braces or any cosmetic dentistry. Of course, not everyone can be so fortunate, but that doesn’t mean you still can’t have a smile just like that one. And trust our Green Bay, WI family dentists, Dr. Adam Pasono and Dr. Paul Vander Kelen, when they say no one will be able to tell that you have dental veneers.
What are dental veneers?
Unlike dental crowns, veneers are tooth-shaped shells that look like false nails and are bonded to only the front surface of your teeth. Since they don’t cover the whole tooth they don’t require the same tooth preparation that a dental crown would. If you know about dental crowns then you may know that in order to get one we need to file down a significant amount of enamel from your teeth so that the crown fits over it. A local anesthesia is required to do this.
But with dental veneers you don’t have to worry about anesthesia or extensive filing. In fact, we only need to remove a very minimal amount, and in the cases where people choose to get no-prep veneers, no tooth enamel needs to be removed at all. How great is that?
So, who can benefit from dental veneers?
Anyone who is looking to fix these issues should consider getting dental veneers in Green Bay:
- Severe discolorations and internal stains
- Chipped, cracked or fractured teeth
- Spaces between teeth
- Minor overlapping or crooked teeth
- Oddly shaped and malformed teeth
- Teeth that are too small or short
- Teeth that are worn down from teeth grinding
It’s amazing how this one restoration could transform your smile so that you no longer have to deal with crooked front teeth or unsightly gaps between your teeth. Veneers can instantly straighten, brighter and reshape your smile the way you want it.
If you are ready to get a smile makeover in Green Bay, WI that will dazzle and make you feel confident again, it’s time you talked to our dentists at Green Bay Family Dentistry.