Dental fillings can help resolve damage done by cavities. Dr. Adam Pasono in Green Bay, WI, provides tooth-colored fillings, as well as other types, to restore teeth.
Fillings seal cavities caused by bacteria. Cavities are If not detected early on, serious issues may occur, like receding gums. Your Green Bay doctor cleans and disinfects the cavity. Then he seals it with the filling to protect the integrity of the tooth.
Tooth-colored fillings, also known as composite resin, are made of plastic resin and a filler made of finely ground glass-like particles that aren't visible. They fix issues such as chips and cracks, fractures, decays, discolored, and stained teeth, and short teeth.
Most people have had at least one cavity by the time they are 17 years old, according to a 2000 report by the U.S. Surgeon General, which is why composite is a popular choice that's long-lasting.
Dental fillings require the same care as all your teeth:
- Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day, at least, while holding the brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Getting professional dental cleanings and checkups every six months to remove hardened plaque that's
- Receiving fluoride treatment may also prevent issues like gum disease and tooth decay.
- Flossing at least once before bed will remove food debris.
- Avoiding tobacco and smoking and drinking.
- Reducing the amount of coffee and tea you drink.
There are many advantages of tooth-colored fillings like teeth don't result in gray teeth like silver amalgam, teeth look natural and provide a beautiful smile, composite strengthens your teeth, so you are free to enjoy meals, and protect teeth from future bacteria.
If you have any questions about tooth-colored fillings, don't hesitate to call Dr. Pasono, your Green Bay, WI, dentist. You can reach him at (920) 432-8492.