How Bonding Can Improve Your Smile
Want a better smile? Bonding is a procedure in which a resin material is applied to the teeth to improve a patient's smile. With bonding, you have one of the fastest, easiest and most affordable dental treatments at your disposal. Led by Dr. Adam Pasono, Green Bay Family Dentistry (located in Green Bay, WI) offers a complete range of dental services to their patients. Read on to find out how bonding can improve your smile.
1. Make teeth longer. Even when your teeth are a normal length, if your gums cover too much of your teeth, it can cause your teeth to appear short. Sometimes dental bonding is used to make the teeth look longer or to change their shape, so that they appear more attractive. The bonding material is placed on the teeth, shaped, and sculpted. A light is used to help the material harden and set. The bonded teeth are then polished and buffed for a smooth finish.
2. Close gapped teeth. Diastemas are gaps or spaces between two teeth. These spaces can form anywhere in the mouth. It's possible to fix gaps cosmetically through the use of dental bonding. During the procedure, your dental provider applies tooth-colored resin to both teeth, filling in the gap.
3. Repair dental cavities. Dental bonding is routinely used to repair cavities. A cavity forms when decay destroys enamel (the outer layer of your teeth). Causes of tooth decay include sipping sugary beverages, frequent snacking, bacteria in the mouth, and poor dental hygiene. Untreated cavities can cause infection, tooth pain and tooth loss. Dental bonding is an effective way to treat decay.
4. Fix broken teeth. Broken teeth can be fixed by any dental practitioner. Bonding can improve the appearance of teeth that are cracked, chipped, or broken. If your tooth is chipped, cracked, or fractured, see your dental provider in Green Bay, WI, as soon as possible. Otherwise, your tooth could become infected or be damaged further.
5. Whiten your smile. Dental bonding can improve the appearance of teeth that are stained. The bonding material will mask discoloration to instantly create a brighter smile. The material used in bonding is a plastic material that matches the patient's tooth color as closely as possible.
Have an attractive smile. Improve your confidence. Gain quality of life. Dental bonding will do you and your smile a world of good. Call Green Bay Family Dentistry at (920) 432-8492 today to schedule a dental consultation in Green Bay, WI. You will experience exemplary service and state-of-the-art care at Green Bay Family Dentistry!